Vertical cursor position just before closing tag

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
honyk

Vertical cursor position just before closing tag

Post by honyk »

Hello,

in Author mode, if text is scaled up (Ctrl+), there can be observed disturbing efect if cursor position reach the last position just before closing element (if tags are displayed). While cursor is aligned to the bottom across the whole line, in the last position it is aligned to the top of the line. Just detail, but it would be better without it.

Jan
sorin_ristache

Re: Vertical cursor position just before closing tag

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I am sorry, I think I do not understand or I do not see the effect that you tried to describe. Do you mean that you set the Full Tags mode in Author page, you place the cursor just before the marker of a closing tag and for larger font sizes the cursor will "touch" the upper (invisible) limit of the text row but it will not "touch" the lower limit of the row, that is the cursor will hang above the base line of the text row? If yes I do not see this effect. It could be a problem of the font. What font do you set in the CSS (or from Preferences -> Fonts -- Author default font if you do not set a font in the CSS)? If not please give more details (a screenshot is better).

Thank you,
Sorin
honyk

Post by honyk »

Yes, your description is exactly what I mean. Now Verdana 12pt is used and described effect is most visible if text is zoomed out by several Ctrl- click (font is not specified in CSS). I'd attach screenshot, but I don't know how to insert image to this forum.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

honyk wrote:I'd attach screenshot, but I don't know how to insert image to this forum.
Please post a screenshot. When you edit your post use the Img button to insert the URL of the image between [img] tags. You have to place the screenshot on a public server (HTTP, FTP, etc).

Also when the cursor is in the position displayed in the screenshot please switch to Text mode and post the text fragment of the document that surrounds the cursor. It is better to work with a small sample file and post here the entire sample file.

Thank you,
Sorin
honyk

Post by honyk »

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE para PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.4//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd">
<?oxy_insert_start author="honyk" timestamp="20090825T103928+0200"?>
<para>test</para>
<?oxy_insert_end?>
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

When the cursor is on a tag it is aligned with the baseline of the tag which is not always aligned perfectly with the baseline of the text content inside the tag. I think it is a visual effect which we should try to remove in a future version.

Regards,
Sorin