Eclipse Plugin: Switching Localization

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
gardiner

Eclipse Plugin: Switching Localization

Post by gardiner »

Hello,

I've just downloaded and installed the eclipse plugin trial. I'm using WinXP with german local. Unfortunatly the oXygen plugin has a only partly and quite bad localization, so I would like to switch to the english localisation. Is there any easy way to do this?

Regards!
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

The Eclipse plugin supports only English, the 4.1 maintenance release will fix this making sure only English messages appear. Until then you have two options:

1. Use the standalone version to set the language to English
2. Edit the com.oxygenxml/options file to contain

Code: Select all

appearance.language=English

If the appearance.language entry already exists please replace it with the above.

Best Regards,
George
gardiner

Post by gardiner »

Hi George,

thank you for the quick response. I found the file in my user home directory. and changed the value from "German" to "English". Unfortunately seems to be rewritten by the oxygen plugin and switched back to "German"?!

Any hints?

Except from this "feature" oxygen looks quite good...

Regards
Stefan
iulian_velea

Post by iulian_velea »

Hi,

The reason why changing the com.oxygenxml/options file does not work could be that you must close Eclipse first and then edit this file, otherwise the Oxygen plugin seems to modify again the value appearance.language=German on close.
If this still does not work try to install the standalone version of oXygen XML Editor and change the language settings from Preferences/Global.
After restarting Eclipse the messages should appear in English.

Regards,
Iulian.
gardiner

Post by gardiner »

Works well now, thank you for your help.

By the way, I found a error message in the eclipse .log file caused by an invalid xml file of the oxygen plugin:

%ECLIPSE_HOME%\plugins\com.oxygenxml.editor_4.0_E3M8\help\toc.xml

It was easy to fix, and now no error comes up.

Regards
Stefan