I can't type a < character in some docs

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
adsmart

I can't type a < character in some docs

Post by adsmart »

This a completely evil and annoying problem I created a new xsl transform and was happily working away. Now I can't type the < character. I can paste it in but I can't type it. If I go to a different XSLT document that I already had open, I can type the character no problem.

On a hunch, I tried something. In the document that I was having troubles, i had declared the html namespace, and I have the tag insight for XSLT set to XHTML transitional. If I removed the declaration, all was good.

Its seems like a very odd thing to happen.

If it matters I'm running it on Panther.

Adam :twisted:
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Adam,

Please send us a sample to reproduce the problem, either via forum or to the support@oxygenxml.com email address.

Thank you,
George
makka

Post by makka »

I have encountered the same problem and experienced the same issue with the default namespace xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml". Removing this allows me to type "<". I found the problem occurs when I try to close a template declaration. e.g.

<xsl:template name="test">

I can type "<" before this template start tag but can't type it after the template to close the template tag.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

That helped, we were able to reproduce the problem. The fix will go in the 4.1 maintenance release.

Thank you,
George
linus

same problem, different situation

Post by linus »

I am having the same problem (unable to type the '<' char (and therefore bring up the element selection popup menu)) when creating an XML document under the conditions where, according to the schema, all subsequent elements of the current element are optional.

Actually, it seems to be even more complicated than that. I haven't tested this exhaustively, but it seems to depend on how many optional elements exist. Just putting a required element at the end does not help, but if you move it up a few elements (to element position 7, in this case), then I can type the '<' and the editor pops up the available elements menu.

This is most annoying.

Using version 4.0. (on a trial license, if that matters.)

Will this be fixed in 4.1?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Yes, I think such behavior will not be possible to appear anymore on 4.1. However it is better to check this so if you can send over a sample to reproduce this problem to support@oxygenxml.com that will be great.

Best Regards,
George
linus

Post by linus »

For what it's worth, I just realized that oXygen was spitting out a StackOverflowError on those occasions when it wouldn't let me type the '<'. (II didn't notice before because the terminal window was closed and in a different desktop...)