Unknown Extnsion when validating entire directory.

Oxygen general issues.
velda

Unknown Extnsion when validating entire directory.

Post by velda »

I have a number of Document Type Associations set, each with a rnc schema and XSLT transformation scenario set to key off of the root element name. Each of these file types have a custom file type extension, but still only contain standard XML with a proper version 1.0 prolog. I added the file type extensions in the options to use the XML editor as well.

When editing the files the real time validation works flawlessly. However, when I right click on a file or folder in the project view and select to validate selection I get a "Cannot check {file in question} Unknown extension." Error.

Validating the entire project is very important. How can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,
-V
sorin_ristache

Re: Unknown Extnsion when validating entire directory.

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
velda wrote:I added the file type extensions in the options to use the XML editor as well.
If I add the extensions of the files in Preferences -> File Types and associate them with XML Editor the files are validated with the schema associated with the document type. I tried in Oxygen versions 10.1 and 9.3. What version do you use?

Regards,
Sorin
velda

Post by velda »

10.1 on OSX 10.5.6. To be thorough, I removed them all, tried again, and still no luck.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We need more detailed steps for reproducing the problem. We tested the Validate Selection action in the Project view on a folder that included a file with the .x1 extension associated with the XML editor and having a document type in Preferences and the validation used the schema set in the document type associated with the .x1 document.

Please specify the file extension and all the parameters that you set in the document type.

Regards,
Sorin
velda

Post by velda »

Extension is .VCtrl, Document Type Association is an enabled entry named "Profile Dev" with one rule of root local name "profile" and a RNC schema of "/!Schemas/profile%5B0.6%5D.rnc" and a translation scenario named RELAXatron. The File Types entry is "vctrl" with the "XML Editor" chosen.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

The file extension allows only lowercase letters, that is it converts the extension that you type in Preferences -> File Types from "VCtrl" to "vctrl". That means only .vctrl files will be associated with XML editor, not .VCtrl files. We will fix the problem in the next version of Oxygen.

Regards,
Sorin
velda

Post by velda »

Seeing as how 10.1 was just released, id imagine that will be some time from now, on the order of months?
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

10.2 is planned to be generally available by the end of April.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina