Multiple docs open

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
odeon

Multiple docs open

Post by odeon »

Hello,

I've come across an annoying change in behaviour when having opened more documents (and tabs) in Oxygen Editor than the width of the editor window will allow, starting from version 10.

Let's say that I want to apply a transformation scenario on a dozen or so XML documents, one by one and checking the result in the editor for each one, starting with the rightmost tab. (I've opened the dozen XML docs by marking them in an explorer window and then right-clicking Open.)

When I apply the scenario, it opens the result document to the right of the starting document. I click on that tab and check the result, and then close the document. Earlier (v9) the focus moved back to the previous document (the one I started out from) which was very handy because I could then close it and the focus would movee to the nearest tab to the left.

Now it moves instead to the rightmost *visible* document tab, that is, the last tab visible the right in the editor window without having to scroll further to the right. I have to move focus back to the document I started out from, in order to close it.

This is extremely annoying if I have a stylesheet I need to apply to multiple documents, checking the results and closing the result and then the original, and moving to the next document in queue.

I hope i have managed to explain the problem sufficiently.

Is there something I have missed, or is this a bug?

Best regards,

Ari Nordström
piotrb

Re: Multiple docs open

Post by piotrb »

I'd like to add that I find this behaviour rather annoying as well. It cost me reopening accidentally closed tabs or just getting confused sometimes. And clicky-clicking to the last-but-one tab. There is a way around this: repeat Ctrl-Tab twice.

But it just doesn't look right, it is so very counterintuitive right now.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
odeon wrote:Now it moves instead to the rightmost *visible* document tab, that is, the last tab visible the right in the editor window without having to scroll further to the right. I have to move focus back to the document I started out from, in order to close it.
I see that after closing a file tab the list of file tabs is scrolled automatically to the left and the title of the focused file tab is not visible. But the focus remains in the document you started out from (the document at the right end of the list of file tabs) as you can see in the title bar of the Oxygen window and in the status bar. It is just not visible anymore in the list of file tabs because the list is scrolled automatically to the left. If you scroll the list to the right with the small arror button you can see that the focus remains in that document. So you don't need any Ctrl+Tab action. We will fix the problem so that the focused file tab is visible in the list of file tabs.

Regards,
Sorin
odeon

Post by odeon »

That would be great. It's a relatively minor issue but sometimes a great annoyance, when I have enough documents open.

Thanks.
odeon

Post by odeon »

Any chance that this will be fixed in the next version? I just upgraded to 10.3 but the bug is still there. The focused file tab is not visible in the list of file tabs if there are more tabs open than can fit in the visible editor window, I've just closed a document and the focus should be on the rightmost file tab.

Thanks,

/Ari
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is a problem related with a third party library which we use for docking and floatable views. We cannot commit for a fix in the upcoming version of Oxygen but we have the issue logged in our internal system.

Regards,
Sorin
odeon

Post by odeon »

Ah, OK. Thanks.

Best,

/Ari
odeon

Post by odeon »

*bump*

Any chance of this problem getting fixed?
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

We are working on integrating the latest version of the third party library(JIDE Docking Framework) which seems to have fixed the problem you reported.
If no severe problems are seen with this version it will be included in the next release version of Oxygen (11.2).

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com