Change how element view in XML editor hides invalid elements

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
csalsa

Change how element view in XML editor hides invalid elements

Post by csalsa »

I would like to change the behavior of the Element View of the XML Editor.

Currently it only shows the elements that are valid at a specific point in an XML sample that is associated with an XML Schema. XML Schemas typically use 'sequence' of elements and so the order of the elements is obviously important.

Instead of removing the elements from the Element view as I move the cursor in the XML Editor between element peers of an XML sequence, I would like the invalid elements greyed-out so they remain visible in the list. The elements should be displayed with the list of valid elements first and then the list of the invalid elements. A list sort option could be to either sort the elements in XML sequence order or in element name alphabetical order.

This behavior is part of XmlSpy and it is the only feature that some of the users here missed after changing from XmlSpy to OxygenXML.
Dorina

Re: Change how element view in XML editor hides invalid elements

Post by Dorina »

Thank you for your suggestions. I have recorded it as an enhancement request for a future version of Oxygen.

Best regards,
Dorina
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sorin_ristache

Re: Change how element view in XML editor hides invalid elements

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

In version 10.2 the invalid elements will be displayed in the Elements view greyed out. The valid elements will be displayed with normal text as in the current version.

Regards,
Sorin