Incorporating recent jing changes in onvdl

Issues related with the oNVDL implementation of NVDL.
madde001

Incorporating recent jing changes in onvdl

Post by madde001 »

Hi George,
Over on the jing-trang project I'm sure you saw the continuation of the thread about schema simplification support:

http://code.google.com/p/jing-trang/iss ... 20Summary0

I was asking about when simplification might support preserving datatypes, and James said recent Jing changes from early December included that.

So now I'm wondering when/if there's a development build of oNVDL that passes through those Jing changes, so I can have the benefit inside oxygen? (I checked out James' most recent trunk and built that, but then of course I realized that oxygen 10 uses onvdl.jar, not jing.jar.)

John
george
Site Admin

Re: Incorporating recent jing changes in onvdl

Post by george »

Hi John,

You can use that from oXygen as external tool referring to the jing.jar that you build from the jing-trang project.

With the merging of all my changes from oNVDL back to Jing in the jing-trang project the oNVDL project is deprecated. After the next Jing release we plan to ship jing.jar again instead of onvdl.jar. I almost integrated Jing instead of oNVDL on a local development copy and as soon as a next release of Jing with NVDL support will be available that will become part of oXygen.

Best Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina
madde001

Re: Incorporating recent jing changes in onvdl

Post by madde001 »

Hi George,

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the definitive release of the merged project!
If I have any problems, I'll get back.

John