Find and Replace Automation

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
ATI-eric

Find and Replace Automation

Post by ATI-eric »

Hi,

I'm working with multiple xml files that requires the same find and replace value and xpath. My problem is, I have to type it again or select it in Find/Replace history the value I needed for each file.
I tried to use the "Find/Replace in Files" but it does not have the "xpath" function I needed.
Does anyone have any idea on how to automate or to speed-up the process? Do the Oxygen xml editor have some sort of macro/script or anything that can at least save the values of Find/Replace.

Please help.

Thanks,
--eric
sorin_ristache

Re: Find and Replace Automation

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We plan to add an XPath field in the dialog for find/replace in multiple files. In the current version you can use the find/replace dialog for a single file where XPath support is already provided and in that dialog select the text to find or to replace and the XPath expression from the history of that field (the small arrow button).

The history is preserved when you close and reopen the dialog. You don't have to close the dialog to switch to other file. Just open the file or click on other file tab of the editing area while the dialog is displayed.

Regards,
Sorin
ATI-eric

Post by ATI-eric »

Hi Sorin,

That would be great! Hopefully you can do it sooner, it would be very helpful. In the meantime we will make use of any available method the current version can offer.

Thanks,
--eric
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

XPath support has been added to the 'Find/Replace in Files' dialog and will be available in version 11.1 which should be released very soon.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com