Files don't reopen when starting Oxygen 10

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
mlcook

Files don't reopen when starting Oxygen 10

Post by mlcook »

In Oxygen 9.3, previously open files were reopened when Oxygen was restarted (say, when starting the day's work activities).

Oxygen 10 is not opening any files for me when I start it.

I have this box checked: Options -> Preferences -> Global -> Open last edited files from project

Is there a way to have Oxygen 10 remember which files were open the previous time Oxygen was used, even if they don't belong to a "project"?

Thanks,
Mike
iulian_velea

Re: Files don't reopen when starting Oxygen 10

Post by iulian_velea »

Hello Mike,

If your files are from a remote URL then they will not be reopened when the application is restarted.
I cannot reproduce your problem with local files. I tried with files opened from the project and other files that do not belong to the loaded project. Can you describe more detailed your exact situation.
The opened files state is saved in the current project so if you reopened the application with a different project then this could be another explanation of what happened.

Regards,
Iulian
mlcook

Post by mlcook »

Dear Iulian,

All the files are local, on my C: drive in Windows XP. Normally I have about 6-8 files opened in tabs in Oxygen.

None of the files belong to any project. They are all "independent" files, but under the same main directory on my C: drive.

Any changes to the contents of the files have been saved (no asterisks in the tabs for the files).

I exit Oxygen by clicking on File -> Exit

When restarted, Oxygen does not open any file at all.

Since Oxygen 9.3 worked just fine in this respect, I'm surprised Oxygen 10 doesn't.

Thanks, Mike
tavy

Post by tavy »

Hi Mike,

We have managed to reproduce the behavior you described only when the files are not associated with an <oXygen/> editor. What type of files do you use? What is the extension of the files? Are they associated with an editor?
If this is the case you can solve the problem by associating your extensions with an editor. You can do this from Options->Preferences->File Types option pane.

If this does not fix the problem please contact us on our support to tell you how to enable the logging in <oXygen/>.

Best Regards,
Octavian Nadolu
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
mlcook

Post by mlcook »

Christmas vacation has delayed my reply.

I've sent a message via your support web page, so you should be getting a notification soon.

Thanks, Mike
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just sent you the instructions for generating a log file in order to get more details about the problem. Please make sure that the files that were opened last time in Oxygen are associated with one of the editor types of Oxygen, that is opening the files with the action File -> Open creates a new editor panel with the file content instead of asking you to select an editor type because it is an unknown file type.

Regards,
Sorin
mlcook

Post by mlcook »

Using a "Project" was the answer.

Even though we don't use projects, I opened the sample project:
<oxygen directory>/samples/sample.xpr

Then when I open files, exit Oxygen, and restart Oxygen, my files get reopened.

Thanks for your help.

-- Mike