xqy file type registered with oxygen?

Oxygen general issues.
tmeagher

xqy file type registered with oxygen?

Post by tmeagher »

I am trying to associate all file types of .xqy with oxygen (I'm running 10.0 on Windows XP Pro), but oxygen is not on the list and it fails when I try to associate xqy explicitly with the oxygen application.

Thx,

Tim
sorin_ristache

Re: xqy file type registered with oxygen?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Do you mean Oxygen is not on the list of applications displayed by Windows in the dialog Open With? What actions did you do for associating .xqy files with Oxygen 10.0? What do you mean it fails when trying to associate .xqy explicitly with Oxygen? Does it display an error message?

Regards,
Sorin
tmeagher

Post by tmeagher »

Yes, oxygen is not on the list. It also gives me the option to assoiate a program with the extension but that fails to perform the association.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Do you have older versions installed on your computer? What version numbers do they have? If you have older versions please uninstall them and try again to associate an .xqy file with Oxygen 10.0.

Regards,
Sorin
tmeagher

Post by tmeagher »

None other installed.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

That is strange. I am in the same situation (only Oxygen 10.0 installed on a Windows XP computer) and I can access .xqy files or other types of files with Oxygen 10.0 without problems.

It seems the part of your Windows registry where file associations are stored was damaged by installing and uninstalling applications. Please run a Windows registry cleaner application and try again.

Regards,
Sorin
tmeagher

Post by tmeagher »

I'm thinking about reinstalling oxygen, but I don't want to lose any settings, projects, or files.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

The user settings and project files are preserved when you reinstall Oxygen. They are not stored in the install folder. If an Oxygen project contains files from the install folder these files are not removed when you uninstall Oxygen.

Regards,
Sorin
tmeagher

Post by tmeagher »

Hi Sorin,

Interestingly enough I can associate .xquery and .xq files with oxygen, but not .xqy. I started to reinstall oxygen 10.0, but when it asked me what file associations ot make, .xqy was not on the list. I'm not convinced that reinstalling will help - I question whether or not one cannot associate .xqy files with oxygen.

Thx,

Tim
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

I think any file type can be associated with Oxygen. .xqy is not on the built-in list of file types that are associated by the installer but you can associate .xqy files manually with Oxygen after installing the application.

If there are no older versions of Oxygen installed and oxygen.exe created by installer of version 10.0 cannot be added to Open With dialog when you try to associate .xqy with Oxygen manually then you should clean your Windows registry.

Regards,
Sorin