Outline "no edit update" option

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
velda

Outline "no edit update" option

Post by velda »

The outline is helpful to reference info elsewhere in the document while editing, without wasting a lot of screen space by splitting the window. Unfortunately, every time I add an element it zooms to where I just edited and becomes much less useful. An option to have it not update on edits would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
-v
sorin_ristache

Re: Outline "no edit update" option

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

That option is already available. Just press the button No selection update on the toolbar of the Outline view.

Regards,
Sorin
velda

Post by velda »

I have the red "No Selection Update" selected, yet it still jumps around opening and closing other sibling elements as I edit children. Perhaps I am experiencing a bug?
maik.beckmann

Post by maik.beckmann »

Hello,

since version 10.1 of oXygen I can't find the option "No selection update". Is there any way to activate this option in version 10.1?

Regards,
Maik
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
velda wrote:I have the red "No Selection Update" selected, yet it still jumps around opening and closing other sibling elements as I edit children. Perhaps I am experiencing a bug?
maik.beckmann wrote:since version 10.1 of oXygen I can't find the option "No selection update". Is there any way to activate this option in version 10.1?
Starting with version 10.1 the selection update mode of the Outline view has two states instead of three states: selection update on cursor move and no selection update. If you want no selection update just toggle the rightmost button on the toolbar of the Outline view.

Regards,
Sorin