XML Schema doc generation: "Too many nested template…" error

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Christian Roth

XML Schema doc generation: "Too many nested template…" error

Post by Christian Roth »

Hello,

I was trying to generate the documentation for my XML Schema schema using oXygen 10's Tools > Generate Documentation… > Schema Documentation function. However, I get the following error message in a dialog in doing that:

"The following errors were encountered when generating schema documentation:
- TransformerException: Too many nested template or function calls. The stylesheet may be looping."

The schema itself validates in oXygen and I can use it successfully for validating XML instance documents.

What could be the cause of this error? Is there a way to prevent or do you have a suggestion on how to find a possibly offending schema construct in my schema and replace it with a different one with same semantics that does not trigger the above error message?

Regards, Christian.
sorin_ristache

Re: XML Schema doc generation: "Too many nested template…" error

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We did not encounter that error yet when generating the documentation of an XML Schema. Can you send us a sample XML Schema for reproducing the error?

Regards,
Sorin
Christian Roth

Post by Christian Roth »

Thanks Sorin for the quick reply. I have sent the data to your support address as indicated in your post.

Regards, Christian
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just sent you by email the download URL for an Oxygen kit that includes a new tool for generating XML Schema documentation. This new tool will replace the one from previous versions (10.0, 9.3, etc) starting with version 10.1. The error should not occur with the new tool.

Regards,
Sorin
Christian Roth

Post by Christian Roth »

Sorry for the delay...

Yes, the new tool for schema documentation does process my schema without problems. Thank you!

- Christian