Multiple Document Interface ...

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Azam

Multiple Document Interface ...

Post by Azam »

I'm pretty new to Oxygen and I am trying to get it to display two documents at the same time. According to this web site it was available in v1.0

Does any one know how to do this ?

Thanks In Advance, Azam.

p.s. I've looked at the help which is pretty confusing and the results of a search are unviewable i.e. Dark blue surround for black text!
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Go to the File menu and select one of the menu entries "Open ..." or "Open URL ...". If you select "Open ..." <oXygen/> will open a file open dialog which is standard for your platform (Windows, Mac OS X or Unix). The "Open URL ..." entry will open a dialog in which you can access and open documents using one of the FTP or WebDAV protocols. The 2 operations are also available from the 2 toolbar buttons with the same icons as the menu entries.

After you open one document you can always repeat the operation to open another one. Every open document is displayed in a separate tab with the document name as the title of the tab. If the document can't be opened an error message should be displayed.

Best regards,
Sorin
Azam

Post by Azam »

Thanks for the feedback. But I want to be able to see two (or more) documents at the same time. The tabbed dialogue doesn't allow that.

Any ideas on how to show two documents at the same time ?

Thanks In Advance, Azam.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

You can run two instances of <oXygen/> simultaneously as two separate applications. For this you have to edit the oxygen.bat startup script if you run <oXygen/> on Windows (or oxygen.sh on Linux, oxygenMac.sh on Mac OS X) and add -Dcom.oxygenxml.MultipleInstances=true as a VM parameter, like:

Code: Select all

java -Xmx256m -Dcom.oxygenxml.MultipleInstances=true -cp %CP% ro.sync.exml.Oxygen %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 
Then start <oXygen/> by executing this script instead of the Start Menu shortcut. You can also read about this in the User Guide.

Best regards,
Sorin
Azam

Post by Azam »

Many Thanks for the Info. Cheers Azam.