General Questions About Applet

Oxygen general issues.
hgreenberg

General Questions About Applet

Post by hgreenberg »

I downloaded the sample project and was able to generate a key, sign jars, and run author-component-dita.html locally. When I selected other HTML files such as author-component-dita-classic.html, I was prompted for an oXygen 13 license, and I am currently running oXygen 12. What is going on here?

Also, in testing some code I inherited that connects with a CMS, I am getting "ro.sync.ui.table.ApplicationRowSorter"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package." Is that oXygen code, or custom code? The JARs seem to nest, and I can't even fund out where it is.

And if there is any doc beyond the readme.txt, that would be great. This technology looks really useful.

Many thanks.

Harv Greenberg
Radu

Re: General Questions About Applet

Post by Radu »

Hi Harv,

When exactly did you download the Author Component sample from our web site? For example, if you look in the sample project in the Readme.txt is there a version number specified in the file?

The Author Component needs separate licensing than the installed Oxygen version.
You can find more information about the Author Component licensing here:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/ ... onent.html

Basically if you look in the:

ro.sync.ecss.samples.AuthorComponentSample.AuthorComponentSample(URL[], URL, URL, String)

Java class there is a place where a fixed developer license key can be pasted. If you contact us using the support email address support@oxygenxml.com we can provide you with a one year demo license key which you can use for development.

Usually when used in a production environment on the client side the applet licenses by requesting floating licenses from a floating license servlet.

About the "ro.sync.ui.table.ApplicationRowSorter" error, there should be a JAR library someplace in the project called oxygen-table-sorter.jar which is not used anymore in Oxygen 13 or newer and thus can be removed.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
hgreenberg

Post by hgreenberg »

Thanks for reply. The testing I did that generated the license issue was done with 13.1 based on the readme. I will get a development license for it. Regarding the signing error, this is code I inherited from someone else. Not sure what the version is. I did remove the oxygen-table-sorter.jar, but I am still getting the error message. I imagine this is our problem and not yours, so no worries.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,
hgreenberg wrote:Regarding the signing error, this is code I inherited from someone else. Not sure what the version is. I did remove the oxygen-table-sorter.jar, but I am still getting the error message. I imagine this is our problem and not yours, so no worries.
Please make sure you clear the browser cache after removing the oxygen-table-sorter.jar from disk in the location where the applet is loaded. Probably you still get the error because the browser uses the cached version of the Oxygen Author applet.

Regards,
Sorin
hgreenberg

Post by hgreenberg »

Hmm, see complete stack trace below. And I removed the JAR which is nowhere to be found. Something in the code seems to be trying to call it. I wonder why it's a signing error as opposed to class not found or something.

[OXYGEN] Doc base is http://localhost:8080/rsuite/rest/v1/st ... ntent/4010
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (ro.sync.util.gc).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.SecurityException: class "ro.sync.ui.table.ApplicationRowSorter"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.checkPackageCerts(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.access$200(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.JNLP2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.h.c(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.h.e(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.g.setModel(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.g.pg(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.g.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.table.g.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.editor.t.f.p.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ecss.component.i.c.b.b.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ecss.component.i.c.b.e.<init>(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.editor.xmleditor.pageauthor.b.gic(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.editor.rc.egc(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ecss.extensions.api.component.AuthorComponentProvider.getAdditionalEditHelper(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ecss.samples.AuthorComponentSample.createSampleUIControls(AuthorComponentSample.java:680)
at ro.sync.ecss.samples.AuthorComponentSample.<init>(AuthorComponentSample.java:205)
at ro.sync.ecss.samples.AuthorComponentSampleApplet$3.run(AuthorComponentSampleApplet.java:205)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: class "ro.sync.ui.table.ApplicationRowSorter"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
... 26 more
hgreenberg

Post by hgreenberg »

After our web meeting this morning, it occurred to me to look at the JNLP, and I saw and removed a reference to the table sorting jar. No change.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Harv,

The Author Component libraries (especially the oxygen.jar corresponding to Oxygen 13.0 or newer (13.1) do not anymore depend on having a table sorter separate Jar library.
So for the inherited code, you should update the Oxygen-provided libraries in it to the latest libraries which can be found in an Author Component Sample Project available on our web site.

Also, after each modification that you make please re-sign all libraries before launching the applet.

Also please make sure that you are building and running the applet using Java 1.6.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com