controlling line feeds in Text view

Oxygen general issues.
ElemSrc

controlling line feeds in Text view

Post by ElemSrc »

I am using Oxygen 12. Currently, when I add a menucascade element containing several uicontrol elements, the XML when viewed in the Text view looks something like this:

<cmd>From the CMS client, select <menucascade>
<uicontrol>File</uicontrol>
<uicontrol>Import</uicontrol>
</menucascade>.</cmd>

This produces an incorrect space between the last uicontrol and the period.

I need the code to wrap here, without forced line feeds, or at least to keep the period on the same line with the last uicontrol, as this seems to eliminate the incorrect extra space.

Is there a way to control these types of line feeds in the Text view? I don't see anything in the Preferences that seems to be for this purpose.

Thanks,
Leigh
Radu

Re: controlling line feeds in Text view

Post by Radu »

Hi Leigh,

For anybody who'se interested in this discussion I'm also adding a link to the DITA Users List where the issue is discussed in greater detail:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dita ... sage/24247

If you add the "menucascade" element as a space preserve element in the Editor / Format / XML preferences page then if it is inserted in the Author page no additional line breaks will be added inside it.
Unfortunately this does not yet work in the Text page, we have an improvement request already added for this, to avoid adding line breaks in a space preserve element which was inserted using content completion.

As a workaround in the Oxygen Preferences Editor / Templates / Code Templates page you could create a new code template for inserting something like:

Code: Select all

<menucascade><uicontrol>File->Open</uicontrol></menucascade
Code templates appear in the Text page when invoking the content completion using the shortcut Ctrl-Space or Ctrl-Shift-Space.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com