Find in Files not finding

Oxygen general issues.
sarcanon

Find in Files not finding

Post by sarcanon »

Hello. Find in Files is not working as I would expect it to in the following case. When I use the regular Find function, Oxygen will successfully find multiple instances of the regex pattern:

(\n)(\s+)

However, when I use the same pattern using Find in Files, it fails to find any matches. Of course, the Regular Expression check box is checked.

I am running Oxygen 13.0 (build 2011082517) on Windows 7.

Why does Find in Files not work the same as Find in this case?

I would also like to make a general feature request to have Find In Files work more like Find, especially in the user interface. The Find and Replace text boxes should have multiple lines and Replace should support entry of EOLs like the regular Find dialog does. Thank you!
adrian

Re: Find in Files not finding

Post by adrian »

Hello,

The fact that the Find/Replace in Files dialog uses single line fields, hints that it's different in behavior. The difference is that it only searches one line at a time, so it won't match a search string or regular expression that spans over multiple lines.

We already have this request logged on our issue tracking tool and it will be implemented in a future version of Oxygen. I've added your vote and your comments.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sarcanon

Re: Find in Files not finding

Post by sarcanon »

Understood about the difference in behavior. Upon closer examination of the documentation, I see this is clearly mentioned. Sorry for not looking more thoroughly.

Yes, please, add this feature as soon as possible. It would save me an immense amount of time on my current project.

Thank you!