Using DocBook 5.1 schemas in oXygen

Oxygen general issues.
taraheisig

Using DocBook 5.1 schemas in oXygen

Post by taraheisig »

I want to try out the DocBook 5.1 schemas with oXygen 12. Can anyone tell me how to set up a catalog association once I download the schemas?

Thanks!
adrian

Re: Using DocBook 5.1 schemas in oXygen

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Oxygen has an XML catalog for Docbook 5.0 so I'd suggest starting from that. You can find it in Oxygen/frameworks/docbook/5.0/catalog.xml
Copy it in the common folder of your 5.1 schemas and adjust it to them.

Note that if you want to use DocBook 5.1 documents in Oxygen you'll need to adjust more than just the XML catalogs. You'll have to create a document type association as well. Just as in the catalog's case you can use the DocBook 5 document type as the starting point.

Go to Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Associations, select, duplicate the DocBook 5 document type and give it a proper name. You'll have to adjust the schema URI from the Schema tab and set your catalog file in the Catalogs tab.
The duplicate will then have to appear in the document type association list before the DocBook 5 document type.
Note that due to the generic detection rule(Rules tab) of this document type Oxygen will always use your duplicate document type even for DocBook 5.0 documents.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com