Oxygen Features

Oxygen general issues.
newt

Oxygen Features

Post by newt »

Hi

I've been asked to do a presentation of the major features of Oxygen tomorrow to a group of people who are going to be moving from XMLSpy to Oxygen. I've been using Oxygen for years now so I have some ideas on the features I'd show off and discuss but I was wondering what other people think.

The users have identified XML differencing as one of their pain points - they are used to the way that XMLSpy does it and are finding the different algorithms used complicated to understand.

The environment is document editing so many of the more techie features are irrelevant.

So... what would anyone else show off as an important feature?

cheers

nic
Director, Corbas Consulting
XML and eBook consultancy and training
george
Site Admin

Re: Oxygen Features

Post by george »

One important feature is the Schematron support. This is especially useful for people editing documents as the error messages are specified by the schema author and thus are in a language that the users will easily understand.

If you have a CSS for the users documents then you can use that and switch to the Author mode for editing visually. See also the default support that we have for DocBook, DITA, TEI, XHTML - similar support can be configured for any XML format. There are also a number of video demos showing the visual editing support.

Regards,
George
George Cristian Bina