Dynamic XSLT Output path

Oxygen general issues.
LesleyO

Dynamic XSLT Output path

Post by LesleyO »

I'm quite new to Oxygen, so please be kind if this is something simple I've missed.

I'm performing an xslt transformation on the file at

projectname/PAL/content/science/organisms/life/revise.xml

and want to output the file at

projectname/PAL/output/science/organisms/life/revise.xml

Anything after /content/ is a varying content structure of subjects/topics and I need the output files to mirror this. I can't see a way of achieving this using 'Edit scenario -> Output file' using Editor Variables. Is there a way of defining a dynamic output path rule, or using xslt functions (eg substring-after) in Editor Variables?

Thanks
tom_maslen

Re: Dynamic XSLT Output path

Post by tom_maslen »

In a 'Transform Scenario' you can use XSLT code to set parameters that are passed into the transform, e.g. ...

<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="$fop.extensions != 0">0pt</xsl:when>
<xsl:when test="$passivetex.extensions != 0">0pt</xsl:when>
<xsl:otherwise>4pc</xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>

If it was possible to set Custom Editor Variables in the same way, Leslie would be able to set a variable like this (maybe):

<xsl:value-of select="string-before(${cf}, 'content')" />output<xsl:value-of select="string-after(${cf}, 'content')" />

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Tom Maslen.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
LesleyO wrote:I'm performing an xslt transformation on the file at

projectname/PAL/content/science/organisms/life/revise.xml

and want to output the file at

projectname/PAL/output/science/organisms/life/revise.xml

Anything after /content/ is a varying content structure of subjects/topics and I need the output files to mirror this.
You could do it by setting (in the transformation scenario) the output URL to be the same as the input XML URL (that means setting the editor variable ${cf} - current input XML file - as the Save As value in the scenario) and rewriting (with an XML catalog) the projectname/PAL/content/ prefix of the URL as a projectname/PAL/output/ prefix. That will rewrite any URL that starts like (for example) file:///C:/projectname/PAL/content/ to a URL that starts with file:///C:/projectname/PAL/output/. An example of XML catalog for you:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
<rewriteURI
uriStartString="file:///C:/projectname/PAL/content/"
rewritePrefix="file:///C:/projectname/PAL/output/"/>

<rewriteSystem
systemIdStartString="file:///C:/projectname/PAL/content/"
rewritePrefix="file:///C:/projectname/PAL/output/"/>
</catalog>

Regards,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

tom_maslen wrote:If it was possible to set Custom Editor Variables in the same way, Leslie would be able to set a variable like this (maybe):

<xsl:value-of select="string-before(${cf}, 'content')" />output<xsl:value-of select="string-after(${cf}, 'content')" />

Does anyone know if this is possible?
Editor variables are available only as GUI helpers for setting file paths like the input file or output file of the transformation or an external tool, the schema of a validation scenario, etc.. They are not processed and expanded in XSLT stylesheets.

Regards,
Sorin