Folding Oxygen 12.1

Oxygen general issues.
eHannes

Folding Oxygen 12.1

Post by eHannes »

Hi,

When opening one xml file I completely miss the folding on this file. The folding on this file is disabled. How can I get the folding behaviour back?
The file isn't very large, there is no linewrap, ...

Other, similar files have folding enabled.

Regards, Hans
adrian

Re: Folding Oxygen 12.1

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Are you using the stand-alone or Eclipse version of Oxygen?
What version and build number of Oxygen are you using(standalone: Help -> About or Eclipse: Windows -> Preferences -> oXygen)?

Is the entire document on a single line(no line breaks) or does it have one very long line?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
eHannes

Post by eHannes »

Hi Adrian,

I'm using standalone Oxygen 12.1 build 2011012011.
There isn't any long line in the XML, the gray connection lines between opening en closing tags are visible, the document is valid. The only thing missing are the folding icons and the folding menu is grayed out. Other files in other tabs look ok

Hans
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hello,

It's possible that the document contains special Unicode characters which are triggering the BIDI(bidirectional) editing mode(allows right-to-left writing). The BIDI mode has some limitations, it forces a fixed font and also disables folding.

Open the Properties view(Window -> Show View -> Properties) and look at the BIDI property. If it's "true" then that explains the problem.

If you are not actively(or knowingly) using right-to-left writingyou may want to disable BIDI altogether. Go to Options -> Preferences -> Editor -> Open/Save and clear the option "Enable bidirectional support". Restart Oxygen or close and reopen all editors.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
eHannes

Post by eHannes »

Hi Adrian,

Yep, it's the bidi! Thanks for your help!

regards, Hans