Saxon 9.2 Configuration for Validation

Oxygen general issues.
brunof

Saxon 9.2 Configuration for Validation

Post by brunof »

I'd like to register extension functions for the Saxon 9.2 XSLT processor. I'm able to do that for a transformation scenario via advanced options - use configuration file, but how can I specify a configuration file for the validation scenario?

Thanks,
Bruno
adrian

Re: Saxon 9.2 Configuration for Validation

Post by adrian »

Hello,

If you have already configured a transformation scenario with the needed extensions and it is associated with the stylesheet you don't have to do the same for the validation scenario if you are using the default validation engine(Document -> Validate -> Configure Validation Scenario, Use default engine). The default engine picks up the transformer engine and its extensions and uses them for validation so a custom validation scenario shouldn't be necessary.

But if you really want to you can explicitly configure a custom validation scenario(Document -> Validate -> Configure Validation Scenario, Use custom validation scenario, New), give it a name, add a new validation unit(Add), make sure the type is XSLT and you can choose the desired processor and Extensions.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com