Positron Validation Quick Fix not available

Oxygen general issues.
BenedekNagyTW

Positron Validation Quick Fix not available

Post by BenedekNagyTW »

I have Oxygen 25.0 installed with the AI Positron Assistant, and I would like to use the Validation Quick Fix feature on DocBook XML content, but it doesn't seem to be available. If I look at the corresponding documentation (https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... zh_bqm_4xb), I can't find out why it doesn't work. Does it only work in Oxygen 26? Does it only work on DITA content?
Radu

Re: Positron Validation Quick Fix not available

Post by Radu »

Hi,

This AI fix should work also for DocBook documents when using either Oxygen 25 or 26.
The action is only available when right clicking in the Results view.
So if you have an error reported and press the "Validate" toolbar button, then right click that error in the Results view you should get an "AI Positron Fix" action in the contextual menu.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
BenedekNagyTW

Post by BenedekNagyTW »

Ah I see, it "works". Unfortunately it is completely useless. I have rows in rows, paras in paras, and it doesn't only suggest the wrong solution, upon replacing, even the xml syntax is invalid. :(
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Could you go a bit into more details about what changes you expected the AI to make to your content? Was the initial XML content invalid?
There is also a "Record examples" action on the AI Positron view's toolbar through which you record yourself making a certain change and then ask the add-on to create a prompt for the AI which uses your recorded changes as examples.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
BenedekNagyTW

Post by BenedekNagyTW »

Hi Radu,
Thank you for your response. I meant that I want to solve problems where the content is invalid against the DTD in Docbook, for example:

Code: Select all

<para><para>
Some text here and also </para>here.</para>
The validation error is of course that the parent "para" cannot include "para" as a child, so some realistic solutions would be to:
  • Simply remove the child para but keep its contents where they are.
  • Move the child para either before or after the parent para as a sibling (together with its contents)
Now Positron's suggestion is the following for this error:

<para></para>
It is really not clear what this means in the given context, and the "Preview" button does not do anything.
It also shows under "Me" that I guess my input was:
"AI Fix
Fix the problem using AI."
But I don't know what input the AI got as "the problem", because if I click "Replace", it provides the following result:

<para><<para></para>>Some text here and also </>here</para>
So it seems like it doesn't even have an idea about basic XML syntax, and the input the AI receives from the add-on for solving the problem is way too limited for it to get an idea about the context.
I understand that I can teach the AI myself by showing it examples but I thought the whole point of using Positron instead of ChatGPT is that I don't need to teach it how to read XML and check against a DTD and decide what amount of input is the right amount of input to solve a simple validation error, because that is exactly what was done by the developers of the add-on.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
The fact the "Preview" does not work is a bug, I added an internal issue to look into fixing it.
Thanks for the feedback, we will take it into account, the AI engine is trained on a lot of content, but not necessarily targeted to understand the DocBook vocabulary. The "AI Positron Fix" may give better results in some cases or not so useful results in others.
From what I tested giving in the Chat view a prompt like:

Removed nested <para> tags
###
Input:
        <para><para>
            Some text here and also </para>here.</para>

Output:
        <para>
            Some text here and also here.</para>

Input: ${selection}
Output:
and then selecting the entire content of the document and running the prompt should work better because you are giving it an example of what needs t be done.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor