Dialog not opening on Oxygen

Oxygen general issues.
karthickmv

Dialog not opening on Oxygen

Post by karthickmv »

Hi ,

I am facing an issue with the creation of Jdialog and Jframe in oxygen xml editor. I have a framework defined in xml editor and have imported a few actions from the sample-framework project of the oxygen sdk. The actions involving fragment insertion seems to be working fine. However there seems to be an issue with the actions creating a Jframe. I get the following exception

"Couldn't execute operation: 'com.boeing.rsuite.oxygen.InsertImageOperation' for action: 'showForm' because of: null
java.awt.HeadlessException: null"

I am using xml editor 25.1.0.0. Any help on this would be really great.

Thanks,
Karthick
Radu

Re: Dialog not opening on Oxygen

Post by Radu »

Hello Karthick,
There are two "flavors" of Oxygen:
1) Oxygen XML desktop (XML Author or XML Editor) which is a desktop Java Swing-based application.
2) Oxygen XML WebAuthor which is an online web-based editor.

For which of these Oxygen flavors are you creating the framework? I assume it's for (1) because (2) implements its visual components with Javascript and has no relationship with Swing based components.
When Oxygen desktop is installed it usually has its own Java VM, how are you running Oxygen when you get that exception? Can you give me the entire stack trace of the exception? The error seems to indicate you are running it with a Java VM which is configured to run headless.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
karthickmv

Post by karthickmv »

Hi Radu,

I was actually implementing this solution on the oxygen web author. So this swing components wont work on the oxygen web author ??

Thanks & Regards,
Karthick
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,
Yes, Swing components won't work on Oxygen Web Author, wich is a Javascript web based application, so you would typically use HTML for structure, CSS for styling.
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... -waCustom/

Best Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com