How do you handle images?

Oxygen general issues.
Stacey

How do you handle images?

Post by Stacey »

Hi All:
I'm looking for suggestions and hopefully examples of how you work with images when you plan on showing two images together (desktop and mobile). Output is PDF (using CSS) and webhelp.
  • Will it make it easier if I nest things in <fig>? (Can I nest two images in a <fig>?)
  • Will it be cleaner if I put the two images in a single .png and just use that to show a side-by-side? (I assume that would give me problems with the alt text.)
  • Is it better just to show one example and then the second example?
Anything else I should think about? (My feeling is it's just easier to do two guides and switch out the images, but the decision here has been to show both in the same guide.)

Previously, we done a relatively simple "single" image with defined image width (or defined width and height in some cases).

<image placement="break" keyref="mycalendar" width="700" id="image_b5p_345_mnb">
<alt>Super-awesome alt text.</alt>
</image>

Thank you for your thoughts!
Radu

Re: How do you handle images?

Post by Radu »

Hi,
How about if you create a table with no title and heading, one line and two columns and place an image in each cell?
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
julien_lacour

Re: How do you handle images?

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

You can also check the How to Place a Text and Image Side by Side topic from our user-guide. It explains for images and text but basically you can have two figures or two images side-by-side, you just need to update the CSS accordingly.

Regards,
Julien