GPG signing not working in Oxygen Git Connector?

Oxygen general issues.
sabinebennett

GPG signing not working in Oxygen Git Connector?

Post by sabinebennett »

Does the Oxygen Git Connector support GPG signing? I have GPG configured on my machine (MacbookPro) and GPG is set up in my Github account. But when I try to commit changes via the Oxygen Git Connector, I get an error message saying that the GPG service isn't running. The commit only works if I set gpgsign="false" in the git config file. The GPG signing works with other Git clients, like Sourcetree for example.

Am I missing some config setting in the Oxygen Git Connector?
alex_jitianu

Re: GPG signing not working in Oxygen Git Connector?

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

It appears as though we are missing a required library. I will register an issue for the next release, but meanwhile you can add the library yourself:
- download the GPG support for JGit based on BouncyCastle library
- in Oxygen, go to Options->Preferences... on page Plugins and select the Git Client and copy the Location path
- open the Location path in an explorer and go in the lib folder
- copy in the lib folder the jar downloaded at the first step
Restart Oxygen and give it a try. Please let me know how it goes.

Best regards,
Alex
sabinebennett

Post by sabinebennett »

Hi Alex,
Happy New Year, and thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you suggested, but it didn't work. I still get an error message saying "Commit failed. Signing service is not available." The commit still only works if I set gpgsign = false in the git config file.
Best regards,
Sabine
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi Sabine,
I was so sure I didn't test it myself, but you are right, of course. I tried to add the library myself now with the same result. To fix it, I had to add two more libraries:
- https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/boun ... n-1.70.jar
- https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/boun ... n-1.70.jar
I don't have a GPG key, so all I got now was the error "no matching secret key found in legacy secring.gpg for key or user id: ....", but this leads me to believe that in your case it will detect the key and it will work. Please give it a try.

Best regards,
Alex
sabinebennett

Post by sabinebennett »

Hi Alex,
I added the two .jar files, like you suggested. Now I don't get an error message, but the commit just hangs. It never actually "commits". So it's unfortunately still not working.
Cheers,
Sabine
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear that. I'll test it myself and get back to you once I have either reproduced the issue or successfully committed. Either way, I hope we can manage to put this support built-in in the next Git Client release.

Best regards,
Alex