@id on <row> causes issues in Content Fusion

Oxygen general issues.
Micaela Monroe

@id on <row> causes issues in Content Fusion

Post by Micaela Monroe »

Hi there,

My colleague tried sending a topic for review using Content Fusion. In that topic, there is a table with a row that is grayed out - reviewers can't leave comments or suggest updates inside that row. What we found was that when we put @id on <row>, that row becomes uneditable. When you remove the @id, you can edit the row again.

We could debate putting @id on <row> in the first place, but figured this was likely unexpected behavior that you'd be interested to know about.

Thanks,
Micaela
cristi_talau

Re: @id on <row> causes issues in Content Fusion

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

From what you describe it looks like the row is content reference. You can confirm that by checking whether, when you right click the row, an "Edit reference" action is available in the context menu. In this case, reviewers can use this action to add comments on the source of the content reference. Is this behavior acceptable in your case?

We also tried to insert a table in a Content Fusion deployment without any customizations and add an @id attribute to one of its rows. The row remained editable. Can you check whether you have a custom DITA framework? If yes, in the CSS files included in the framework one can add a rule like:

tr[id] {
-oxy-editable: false;
}

This would make each row with an @id attribute read-only. You can look for such a rule in your CSS.

Best,
Cristian
Micaela Monroe

Post by Micaela Monroe »

Hi there,

Thanks for looking into this. The CSS files that we have don't include any rules like that. I've tried recreating the issue in a brand new topic and didn't see that the row was grayed out or uneditable either. The writer that noticed the problem is still experiencing the issue, but he will be heads-down working on a release for the next few weeks. When he's available again, I'll try and troubleshoot more with him to see if I can find out more information.

Thanks,
Micaela
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

Please let us know when you have more information. Maybe you can also send us the document and the custom framework (if you use one) on our support email address (support@oxygenxml.com).

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com