Displaying xs:includes

Oxygen general issues.
bworkman@beol.net

Displaying xs:includes

Post by bworkman@beol.net »

We have a project in which we are using Master Schemas to build documents using from 4 or 5 included schemas up to 25 includes as "sub" schemas "sub sub" schemas are included. We then use the data reduction feature of xmlspy 2005 to build and actual rather than a virtual schema and we then "flatten" schemas to include in Microsoft Excel for use by data mappers and analysts. XMLSpy 2005 is the only editor we have found that will physically pull in the included schmas and build the entire schema within the editor. Unfortuantely Altova removed this data reduction feature in the 2006 edition and we have yet to find an alternative tool
BWorkman
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

I was just discussing about implementing such a feature in oXygen the other days as I noticed a few other similar requests lately on the main XML related mailing lists. I will add this as a feature request on our bugzilla and we will analyze what it involves shortly after the 7.1 maintenance release.

Best Regards,
George
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that schema reduction (flattening an XML Schema) was added to the set of XML Schema actions in <oXygen/>. It handles correctly all xs:includes and xs:redefine elements in the master file and in the included ones. It will be available on the popup menu of the XML Schema editor in submenu Refactoring -> Flatten Schema, starting with version 7.2 which will be released in June.

Regards,
Sorin