Oxygen formatting settings

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
Idrees Mahmood

Oxygen formatting settings

Post by Idrees Mahmood »

Hello, within the oxygen formatting settings I wish to auto add a newline before an attribute of a specific name on format.

I go to Preferences > Editor > Format > XML > Line break

I then add an option similar to the following

//TagName/@attributeName

And tick the Before option and untick the After option. This XPath correctly identifies those attributes when using the XPath/XQUERY Builder view. Though on format no newline is added.

Is there something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance
Radu

Re: Oxygen formatting settings

Post by Radu »

Hi,

The "Line Break" list in the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Format / XML" page identifies XML elements before which a line break should be added.
You seem to want to add a line break only before a specific XML attribute inside an XML element. We do not have such a setting. We have the "Break line before attribute name" setting but it applies to all XML attributes.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ney10

Re: Oxygen formatting settings

Post by ney10 »

Radu wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:00 am Hi,

The "Line Break" list in the Oxygen Preferences->"Editor / Format / XML" page identifies XML elements before which a line break should be added.
You seem to want to add a line break only before a specific XML attribute inside an XML element. We do not have such a settingmyloweslife We have the "Break line before attribute name" setting but it applies to all XML attributes.

Regards,
Radu
Hello Radu,
I had the same doubt. Thank you for clarification.