XML to webhelp classic transformation failed

Questions about XML that are not covered by the other forums should go here.
Arun Benny

XML to webhelp classic transformation failed

Post by Arun Benny »

Hello Community,

I want to transform my XML files to a webhelp classic output.

1). I have a Book.xml file, when I run transformation it fails with the following error message "F [ANT] Transformation failed. Fatal error during transformation using C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 23\Frameworks\docbook\xsl\com.oxygen.xml.webhelp.classic\xsl\docbook\desktop\chunk_custom.xsl: Failure reading file:/C:/Users/Admin/Desktop/xml_consolidation.ditamap".

2). Is it Possible to build a book with individual XML files(sections), if yes please suggest!!
marius

Re: XML to webhelp classic transformation failed

Post by marius »

Hi,

I'm not sure what kind of xml file are you trying to transform to WebHelp Classic. From the error message I suppose that you tried a DocBook WebHelp Classic transformation, but somehow it fails reading a ditamap file.
Note that DocBook and DITA are different XML content models and they cannot be combined.

As for your second query, again, we need to know what kind of XML model are you using, like Docbook, DITA or something else?

Regards,

Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
Arun Benny

Post by Arun Benny »

I'm using docbook 5.0 as my input xml source.
marius

Post by marius »

Hello,

We didn't encounter so far the error you mentioned, so it would be great if you can provide us some sample files.

In DocBook you can use XIncludes to modularize your document, so yes, you could have a book.xml file that refers multiple files using the <xi:include/> element.
You can find more information about combining XML documents in our User Guide: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... clude.html
or in the DocBook documentation: http://doccookbook.sourceforge.net/html ... ludes.html

Regards,

Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
Marius Ciolacu
Syncro Soft / Oxygen XML
Arun Benny

Post by Arun Benny »

Hello Marius,

Thank you for the references you provided, I will read understand them and implement the changes. I will also keep you posted on the outcome.