add 'unbound' as an option for maxOccurs

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
mariuss

add 'unbound' as an option for maxOccurs

Post by mariuss »

When editing a schema file if you add the maxOccurs attribute to an element tag then you are prompted to select predefined values for it. Only "1" shows up as an option and this does not make much sense, this is the default value as well so you really don't need the attribute for that.

I would suggest to at least add 'unbouded' to that list.

Same thing with minOccurs, add "0" as an option.

Marius
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Marius,

The XML Schema based content completion was improved to understand union types. When a schema file is edited the Oxygen content completion is driven by the schema for schemas that define the maxOccurs IIRC as a union of unbounded and non negative integer and Oxygen will be able to present the unbounded value in the content completion popup where that value is allowed (for instance unbounded is not allowed for xs:all/maxOccurs.

Best Regards,
George
mariuss

Post by mariuss »

I am not sure that I am following you. I was refering to xs:element/maxOccurs and according to what you say I should have seen the 'unbound' option, it is not the case. Same with minOccurs.

What am I missing here?

Marius
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Marius,

:oops: reading my post again I see that I did not mention that all that is for the next oXygen release.

Best Regards,
George
mariuss

Post by mariuss »

OK, thanks. Looking forward to it ;-)