Improve Find and Replace, Add Select, Indentation...

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Stepan RYBAR

Improve Find and Replace, Add Select, Indentation...

Post by Stepan RYBAR »

Hello!

Can I (and maybe not only me) ask You for some improvements relating with working with text and XML text specific features? They are:

1) Multiline Find and Replace. Today when I copy and paste multiline part of text, there looks new line as space. Also multiline text in one line of about 25 characters is messy. See for example HomeSite or TopStyle for this approach.

2) Better handling direction of search. So additional three radiobuttons would be advantage: Up (from the cursor position), Down (from the cursor position), All (whole page).

3) Mark results of Find/Replace.

4) Extend "Go to Line" also to "Go to column" and "Go to character" (from start of the file).

5) Add "Search next", "Search Previous", "Replace Next", "Replace Previous" associated with keyboard shortcuts (and maybe rename "Search again" to "Search next").

6) Fast (not only in "Options") access to Show and Hide non-printing characters and wrap-lines.

7) Not to divide "Find/Replace" in current file and "Search/Replace in files".

8) Why is difference in above point between Find and Search?

9) Add Select and Delete functionality. So Select or Delete: All, Line, Word, Character, Tag, to Start of Tag, to End of Tag, Content between Tags, up to Matching Tag, Content up to Matching Tag...

10) User defined Increase and Decrease Indent of selected block of text.

11) Allow user to assign (and re-assign) keyboard shortcuts to actions like above suggested ones.

That's all for today ;-)

Thank You in advance.

Stepan, xrybs01@seznam.cz
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Stepan,

Thanks for the detailed list of features, I added them on our bugzilla.

Best Regards,
George