Eclipse - Right Click Menu - for XSD files

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Stuart.McGrigor

Eclipse - Right Click Menu - for XSD files

Post by Stuart.McGrigor »

While all the cool XML stuff on the right click menu in the XML view is great...where's the native Eclipse stuff gone?

References & OpenDeclaration (ie: the search menu items) are gone. When you're working with a large, non-trivial schema, which has dozens (if not hundreds) of Element, ComplexType and SimpleType definitions then I really miss those two menu functions.

I also suspect the same two options when editing large, non-trivial XSL-T scripts with named templates. ie:

<xsl:template name="blether"> - references search would be good
<xsl:call-template name="blether"> - declaration search would be good
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

It is not gone anyware, this functionality is not provided by Eclipse. However I think oXygen should implement it. I will add this to our bugzilla.

Thank you,
George
rav4ski

Open Declaration for a Java class

Post by rav4ski »

Hi,

I had a similar request about a week ago. When you implement this feature, can you just take into consideration that the "Open Declaration" can be another .xml file (with a default root path specified) or a fully qualified Java class name so the other xml or Java files (or even JSP, html with some default root path specified) will be open immediately?

This will improve the efficiency for people who are dealing with Java/Web projects with all those open-source frameworks in a great deal.

There is no such a editor that can support all above today. The oXygenXml can be the first and lead out of the packs.

Cheers,

Jason :D