Using AI Positron Enterprise Add-on

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
kj_rk

Using AI Positron Enterprise Add-on

Post by kj_rk »

Hi Oxygen team,
We are very excited to see the launch of the enterprise add of for AI Positron assistant.
Before we can try this new tool, we need to get some internal approvals and I have these questions for you:
1) Is it possible to train the AI Positron tool using prompts?
2) Can we train the AI Positron assistant with additional training data, for example if we want to tweak the rules for writing short descriptions? I am wondering if we can train/customize the AI tool or it just works with the in-built functionality?
Are there any resources/docs available for the Enterprise version? I have see what's on the website already.

Thanks,
alex_jitianu

Re: Using AI Positron Enterprise Add-on

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

Thank you for the kind words.
1) Is it possible to train the AI Positron tool using prompts?
AI Positron Assistant itself doesn't contain an AI model, but uses instead an OpenAI or Azure OpenAI models. If you are using the Enterprise version and thus you are connection to your own OpenAI or Azure OpenAI acount then you can fine tune a model. Afterwards, you will use this model from within the AI Positron.
2) Can we train the AI Positron assistant with additional training data, for example if we want to tweak the rules for writing short descriptions? I am wondering if we can train/customize the AI tool or it just works with the in-built functionality?
If you want to customize and influence the built-in actions, the only option you have right now is though the "context" variable. If you go to AI->Preferences... you will reach the Plugins / Oxygen AI Positron Assistant in which you can specify this context. We pass this context information to all actions and chat sessions.
Are there any resources/docs available for the Enterprise version? I have see what's on the website already.
Are you looking for anything in particular? There are two videos and webinars here, in case you missed them: https://www.oxygenxml.com/videos.html

Best regards,
Alex