Schema Aware Delete Reject action when result is invalid isn't wokring

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Prateeksha_Dixit

Schema Aware Delete Reject action when result is invalid isn't wokring

Post by Prateeksha_Dixit »

Hi,

I'm trying to restrict deletion if Document Validation Fails. I had checked Custom in schema Aware Editing and chosen Reject action when result is invalid.
image.png
image.png (41.83 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Still, when I'm deleting element which results in validation failure, it is getting deleted.
No error/warning pop up is coming.

Can anyone please suggest how to restrict delete element operation and show error pop up if validation fails.

Thanks,
Prateeksha
Radu

Re: Schema Aware Delete Reject action when result is invalid isn't wokring

Post by Radu »

Hi Prateeksha,

Can you give me a precise example of such a situation? Are you using the DITA XML vocabulary or some other XML vocabulary?
What element are you deleting? How are you deleting it? Maybe you can give me some steps to reproduce the problem on my side.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Prateeksha_Dixit

Post by Prateeksha_Dixit »

Hi Radu,

I'm using DTD schema and have created a new framework in xml editor. The use case is to restrict the deletion of mandatory elements as per schema.

For example, in DTD schema if a root element structure is defined as <!ELEMENT ROOT ( Subject , RevTrans? , Summary? Appendix*)>, then this subject element should not get deleted as it is required element. If I try to delete then I should get pop up message "Invalid Deletion, this element cannot be deleted!"

Currently, even after selecting schema aware editing option for deletion the elements are getting deleted and just getting red underline showing following message in validation panel..

image.png
image.png (53.09 KiB) Viewed 467 times
image.png
image.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 467 times
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,
In order for us to understand the situation you are facing as accurately as possible, could you provide us with the exact steps you follow when deleting that item ?
Also, if you have the possibility, a sample of the document you are testing could help us. If you can send this sample, you can do so to the email address: support@oxygenxml.com
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com