Preview for a single page

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Kiyoshirue

Preview for a single page

Post by Kiyoshirue »

Apologies if this feature already exists or has been discussed in another thread. I tried to find an answer to this but was unable to.

I'm working on a ditamap that we transform to a web help. The ditamap (and the output) is quite large, and previewing small changes in HTML takes a bit of time (a couple of minutes), since I have to build the entire web help each time. It's not a huge problem, but it would be great if I could tell Oxygen/DITA-OT to just generate the one HTML page (or a small subset of pages) and otherwise use the previously generated content.

Thanks for all and any ideas on how this could be done! :)
chrispitude

Re: Preview for a single page

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Kiyoshirue,

We have the following enhancement request filed, which sounds similar to what you describe:

DCP-464: In DMM, support transformation for selected items

The idea is to be able to transform a map from a selected level downward, such as a single chapter in a larger bookmap.

This is a technically difficult problem and I don't know how it would be solved. Currently the DITA-OT provides single-topic publishing, but not map-branch publishing. It would be nice if the DITA-OT could somehow implement this so that Oxygen would get the capability for free.
cosmin_andrei

Re: Preview for a single page

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hi Kiyoshirue,

Unfortunately this is not available in Oxygen XML WebHelp.
We have logged an issue in our internal tracking system to add this functionality in a future version, so this will be further analyzed by our development team.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support