Integration with a source control system

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
Zby

Integration with a source control system

Post by Zby »

Hi all,

I can't find anything on this topic in the forum archive, so decided to start a new topic.

I'd love to see some kind of integration of Oxygen with the existing source control systems. Projects are good candidates to start with. I see this integration as a visual clue (file is checked out) and some extra options in the project tree/members.
Or, maybe, it can be achieved with plug-in capabilities built in the Oxygen editor?

Can anyone help/comment?

Thanks,

Zby
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hi,

The Eclipse plugin distribution of <oXygen/> can already achieve integration with source control systems using the Eclipse builtin support for CVS systems: the CVS Repository Exploring and the Team Synchronizing perspectives, the CVS Resource History view, etc.

I hope that helps,
Sorin
Zby

Post by Zby »

Well, I thought about the native support in Oxygen, not the using Eclipse functionality. While I use Oxygen as a standalone application, I just don't want to launch another application to access the source control system (namely, Visual SourceSafe).
I think this is not a big deal to extend the project management in the standalone Oxygen editor.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi Zby,

We have this on our todo list but it is not scheduled an a short term period.
Please note that almost all of the functionality that you have in the standalone version is available also in the Eclipse plugin distribution and the license allows you to use both. And you have a plugin for VSS in Eclipse [1] that you can get so you can have both VSS integration and the oXygen funtionality in one application - Eclipse + oXygen + VSS plugin

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/vssplugin

Best Regards,
George