How to remove the title of "Related information" of the <related-links> element

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
felixliu

How to remove the title of "Related information" of the <related-links> element

Post by felixliu »

I guess the documents list shown on this page is achieved by the <related-links> element. Just wondering how the title of Related information for that specific element is removed?
chrispitude

Re: How to remove the title of "Related information" of the <related-links> element

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Felix,

I believe those are automatically generated child topic links. Here is another page that also has <related-links> at the bottom (with the heading):

Home > Publishing > WebHelp Output Customization > WebHelp Responsive Output for DITA > Publishing Templates

- Chris
felixliu

Re: How to remove the title of "Related information" of the <related-links> element

Post by felixliu »

chrispitude wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:47 pm Hi Felix,

I believe those are automatically generated child topic links. Here is another page that also has <related-links> at the bottom (with the heading):

Home > Publishing > WebHelp Output Customization > WebHelp Responsive Output for DITA > Publishing Templates

- Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the information. Is there any way to automatically generate child topic links but without the “Related Information” heading? Every time when I use the <related-links> element, the element is transformed into WebHelp Responsive with the heading by default.
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Felix,

If you just want to omit the header, maybe you could apply a "display: none" CSS property to the header content (if it is completely contained in its own element). Here is some documentation on how to identify the correct selector:

How to Use CSS Styling to Customize the Output

Also, here is a section of one of the online training videos showing the browser inspector in action:

Webinar: Techniques for Customizing the WebHelp Responsive Output - CSS Styling
felixliu

Post by felixliu »

chrispitude wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:17 pm Hi Felix,

If you just want to omit the header, maybe you could apply a "display: none" CSS property to the header content (if it is completely contained in its own element). Here is some documentation on how to identify the correct selector:

How to Use CSS Styling to Customize the Output

Also, here is a section of one of the online training videos showing the browser inspector in action:

Webinar: Techniques for Customizing the WebHelp Responsive Output - CSS Styling
Hi Chris,
That helps me a lot. Thanks.

Felix