Correct way to reuse ordered list?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
horisonten

Correct way to reuse ordered list?

Post by horisonten »

Hello,
I have a topic from which I want to reuse an ordered list in another topic.
If I generate an ID for the ordered list and try to reuse it with the "Reuse content from document" icon in the editor, it always complains that "An ordered list should have more than one list item".

Why does the editor not recognize that the inserted component is an ordered list with multiple list items?
reuse ol.png
reuse ol.png (277.92 KiB) Viewed 392 times
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Correct way to reuse ordered list?

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

I guess you have a Schematron rule that triggers this error. The default DITA validation does not see any error there.

When you insert a content reference to a list, the result is as follows:

Code: Select all

<ol conref="introduction.dita#introduction/abc" id="ol_tjt_lyp_k1c">
    <li/>
</ol>
So, indeed there is only one <li> element. But I think your Schematron rule (if that's the case) should ignore lists that have the "conref" attribute (which means you reused content and those lists are content references).

All the best,
Sorin Carbunaru
Oxygen XML Editor
horisonten

Re: Correct way to reuse ordered list?

Post by horisonten »

Thanks for the reply! I was pretty sure I had the default validation active since I don't remember changing anything regarding that. But I just noticed that it was indeed set to Custom DITA Validation. Changing this to the default DITA map validation did indeed make everything green again!