Issue with keyrefs links not showing topic title in webhelp output

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Julie P

Issue with keyrefs links not showing topic title in webhelp output

Post by Julie P »

Hello everybody,

We have an issue with some cross-references that do not render correctly in the WebHelp output, I was hoping that someone could help.
When publishing, the title of the referenced topic is not displayed: it shows only the name of the html file that is referenced.
Here are two examples of the html source code of the output:

Not ok:

Code: Select all

You need to perform <a class="- topic/xref xref" href="t-ChangingCustomerOrderStatus.html">t-ChangingCustomerOrderStatus.html</a>.
Ok:

You can perform <a class="- topic/xref xref" href="t-ApprovingInvoice.html">Approving the Invoice</a>.
In DITA, both are referenced the same way, as

You need to perform <xref keyref="change.customer.order.status"/>.

You can perform <xref keyref="approve.invoice"/>.
Keys are also correctly applied to both topics in the map.
As you can see, sometimes it writes the file name, and sometimes the correct title…

We use keyrefs, the keys being on the topics at the map level (topicref)
We have tried using href, result is the same.
The bug can appear on any type of topic that is referenced or is doing the reference.
The completeness check did not show any big errors, only unreferenced reusable elements or keys, but the topics having these elements do not always correspond to the ones having the issue.
In a topic, whether all are correctly displayed or whether none.

Sometimes, it looks like some references have an impact on all the other references in a topic. For example, I tried copy-pasting one reference that did not rendered well in one topic, to a topic whose references were OK. All references in the second topics became faulty. But it seems quite unpredictable, and it's difficult to identify them one by one, since the completeness check does not point them.

I hope I was clear enough, and I apologize if not. As I said it's quite unpredictable, I did not manage to identify a regular pattern in this bug... It impacts a lot of topics.

The software version is: Oxygen Author 25.1, build 2023031510

Thank you in advance,
alin
Site Admin

Re: Issue with keyrefs links not showing topic title in webhelp output

Post by alin »

Hello,

Please provide a minimal DITA sample on which the issue can be reproduced. The sample should contain the DITA map and few referenced topics. Please make that the sample is valid and does not contain references to missing resources.

Regards,
Alin
Alin Balasa
Software Developer
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Julie P

Post by Julie P »

Hi Alin,
Thank you for your answer.
I've sent an email to support@oxygenxml.com with a sample of the files.
Regards,
Julie
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hi Julie,

The problem is caused by the circular references between tc-DeliverOrder.dita and t-ShipmentDetailedTrack.dita: in both topics <shortdesc> node there's an <xref> targeting the other topic. This issue has been addressed to DITA-OT and resolved. It will be fixed starting with Oxygen 26.0 (coming this fall).
Until then you can remove these circular references and maybe replace them by related-links between the topics.

Best regards,
Julien
Julie P

Post by Julie P »

Hi Julien,

Thank you very much for your help, we have moved the references and everything works now!

Regards,
Julie