Keys don't render when show.changes.and.comments=yes

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Micaela Monroe

Keys don't render when show.changes.and.comments=yes

Post by Micaela Monroe »

Hi there,

I'm trying to render a PDF with the parameter, show.changes.and.comments set to "yes." I have a paragraph that contains keys and is deleted with change tracking on. In this paragraph, the key doesn't render. Is there a way to show the rendered key?

Code: Select all

<?oxy_delete author="micaela" timestamp="20230523T084154-0600" content="&lt;p&gt;&lt;keyword keyref=&quot;prodname&quot;/&gt; &lt;ph keyref=&quot;application_version&quot;/&gt;: two keys in a deleted paragraph.&lt;/p&gt;"?>
Related output:
image.png
image.png (11.57 KiB) Viewed 479 times
The keys work fine when new content with keys are added with change tracking on.

Thanks,
Micaela
julien_lacour

Re: Keys don't render when show.changes.and.comments=yes

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Micaela,

This is the intended behavior, we don't resolve deleted content as it can be not well-formed. We only show the source XML code.
I added an improvement on our tracking system to analyze if we can resolve the keys for deleted content. I will notify this thread with the issue status.

Regards,
Julien
julien_lacour

Re: Keys don't render when show.changes.and.comments=yes

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Micaela,

Besides well-formed content there's a more technical problem: DITA OT isn't expanding content inside processing instructions (like keyref, conref or conkeyref) and modifying this implies resolving the keyrefs during XSLT processing (which isn't the case now - they are resolved before by the Java processing). If we wanted to do that, we would have to do the actual processing in Java (instead of XSLT) and this will remove the possibility to customize the tracked changes so we will not modify the actual processing.

Regards,
Julien