Refactoring tool to apply table borders

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
SathyaOX

Refactoring tool to apply table borders

Post by SathyaOX »

Hi team,
I am looking for a refactoring tool that would apply table separators or borders to the tables.
-Sathya
chrispitude

Re: Refactoring tool to apply table borders

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Sathya,

You can probably use the Add/Change attribute refactoring operation to set the @frame, @rowsep, and @colsep attributes as needed.

Can you describe specifically what separators you are looking for?

- Chris
SathyaOX

Post by SathyaOX »

I imported a table and by default, the table borders are not applied. I had to apply table borders manually. So I was looking for a refactoring tool to automate this.
-Sathya
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Sathya,

If all your tables use the same border/separator format, and you are using a CSS-based PDF or HTML transformation, then it might be better to apply a default table formatting in CSS and not have to worry about the table attributes.

If most of your tables have a common default format but some deviate from the default format, then you can use attributes to specify the deviations from the default.

If all of your tables are different, or you are using a non-CSS transformation like XSL-FO, then you can use just the attributes.

I explored this topic in the first post of the following discussion:

Implementing shared CSS table formatting across the Oxygen editor, PDF Chemistry, and HTML5/WebHelp
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
By the way, how did you import the table in Oxygen? If you used our tools maybe we can work on our conversion process to automatically generate row and column separators in the future by default.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
SathyaOX

Post by SathyaOX »

Hi Radu, I used Batch Documents Converter.
-Sathya
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Hi,
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the issues you have experienced while importing tables from Word.
We already had an internal issue for adding the @frame, @rowsep, and @colsep attributes on tables when importing from Word and I added your feedback on it for increasing its priority. I will update this thread when we will fix it in the next versions of the Batch Documents Converter add-on.

Best regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Hi,
I wanted to inform you that version 5.2.0 of the Batch Documents Converter add-on has been released. The tables resulting from Word to HTML/DITA conversion now include 'frame', 'rowsep', and 'colsep' attributes.
Best regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor