Webhelp: internal Links not working

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
MicTie

Webhelp: internal Links not working

Post by MicTie »

Hi,
I have an issue with Internal Links not opening when creating a Webhelp Responsive page from Dita. When clicking on the link the focus goes to the top of the page, but not to the expected section or table.
When I use the same Dita-Source and create a HTML5 page everything is working as expected.

In Dita-xml the source looks like
<li> Select the desired waveform from the Waveform Panel (see <xref href="#UM_A_Overview/waveformpanelt" type="table" />).
and the target is
<reference id="UM_A_Overview" xmlns:ditaarch="http://dita.oasis-open.org/architecture/2005/"> .........<table id="waveformpanelt" >

IMHO the created webhelp-pages look ok, as I can find the source like
<a class="- topic/xref xref" href="#UM_A_Overview__waveformpanelt">Table 2</a>
as well as the target like
<p class="- topic/p p section_title2" id="UM_A_Overview__waveformpanel" data-ofbid="UM_A_Overview__waveformpanel">Waveform Panel</p>
I have tried different browsers on different machines with no success.
Also online (via a web-server) or offline (via filenames) does not make any difference.

I am using OxygenXml Editor V25

Any idea what's wrong? Thanks!
chrispitude

Re: Webhelp: internal Links not working

Post by chrispitude »

Hi MicTie,

I made a testcase and it seems to work for me:

webhelp_link_to_table.zip
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 106 times

Can you try it on your side and see if it works for you?
MicTie

Re: Webhelp: internal Links not working

Post by MicTie »

Thank you!
I managed to pinpoint and resolve the issue.
In my transformation parameters I specified 'webhelp.fragment.header' pointing to my 'header.xml'-file - which causes the issue.

I was able to get your testcase to fail, when specifying 'webhelp.fragment.header' pointing to a very basic xml-file like:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html><html>
    <head> </head>
       <body>     
            <p>my header</p>   
       </body>
</html>
If I use 'webhelp.fragment.head' (without the 'er' at the end) instead, my links are working fine.
Thank you for your quick help!