Repeating rowheader in multi-page table

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Dan02

Repeating rowheader in multi-page table

Post by Dan02 »

HI,
I have a very long table that breaks across the page, in which the first column is set to rowheader=firstcol. This column is just effectively one long cell spanning across the other row entries in the table. However, the text in this rowheader cell appears only on the first page, but I would like this text to repeat after the page break as well, so that it shows up in both pages where the table exists (same as a standard table heading). Is this something that can be implemented? Currently shading is applied to the rowheader on both pages, but the text is not repeated after the break.
Thanks!
Dan
andrei_pomacu

Re: Repeating rowheader in multi-page table

Post by andrei_pomacu »

Hi Dan,

Right now, our engine could not process the rowheader element on the second page after the page break.
I added an issue on our side which will cope with this problem.
I will notify you as soon as this new feature will be implemented.

Regards,
Andrei
Dan02

Post by Dan02 »

Hi Andrei,
Thanks very much for the reply. I should've also specified that we are using Apache FOP as the PDF engine, so not clear whether this is a limitation inherent to that.
Regards,
Dan
andrei_pomacu

Post by andrei_pomacu »

Hi,
It is a FOP limitation. FOP manage the duplication when the page-break occurs only when the table header is specific for columns and not for rows.
The issue will be analyzed on the DITA Pdf - based on HTML5 & CSS scenario because this transformation is managed by us.
We could not add the improvement in DITA PDF- based on XSL-FO because the engine used in external.
Regards,
Andrei
Dan02

Post by Dan02 »

OK - thanks for clarifying Andrei. We aren't likely to switch from FOP, so looks like we will have to live with it.
Regards,
Dan