PDF Cover Blank After Replacing Cover svg

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
patjporter

PDF Cover Blank After Replacing Cover svg

Post by patjporter »

Hello,
I used Oxygen Styles Basket to create my template and styles. I uploaded an svg to the Styles Basket for the cover.
When I downloaded the template and css, the image was named cover.svg.
I then realized I needed to edit it. I don't have an svg editor on my Windows PC so I e-mailed the cover.svg file to myself and opened it in Adobe Illustrator on my Mac. I added a company logo to the bottom of the svg, saved it, e-mailed it back to myself and then deleted the original cover.svg file in the resources folder and saved the revised cover.svg file in the resources folder.
When I ran the next PDF using HTML5 and CSS, the cover was blank...all white.
I then tried to re-upload the package to Styles Basket so I could change the cover graphic, but it failed with a message saying there needed to be a styles.css in the root, which there was.
Why would the transform fail to find the svg when the new filename was exactly the same and the path in the styles css remained unchanged?
Any suggestions on how to replace the original cover.svg with the revised cover.svg?
Thanks!
Pat
julien_lacour

Re: PDF Cover Blank After Replacing Cover svg

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

I tried on my side but I cannot reproduce the blank cover issue, I edited the cover.svg file and put it back inside the styles.zip file and the generated PDF contained the modified image. I also tried to unzip the publishing template and replaced the cover there, after changing my scenario to point to the unzipped styles.opt file and the result was the same.

When you re-upload the styles.zip into Oxygen Styles Basket, make sure the structure looks like this:

Code: Select all

styles.zip
    preview
    resources
        cover.svg
    checksum
    styles.css
    styles.opt
You can email us your styles.zip archive at support@oxygenxml.com if you still cannot use it back in Oxygen Styles Basket.

Regards,
Julien
patjporter

Re: PDF Cover Blank After Replacing Cover svg

Post by patjporter »

Hi Julien, thank you for trying to replicate the issue. Based on your response I figured it might be some kind of aliasing issue. So, I started over with the original ,png file, made the edits that I wanted, saved it as a different name, dropped it in the resources folder and edited the file name in styles.css and it worked fine.
I appreciate your time on this...my document is looking very professional now thanks to all of your and others' assistance! I really appreciate it and apologize for all the questions...but I have been really learning a lot!
Pat