Different publishing results when using a subject scheme map defining condition hierarchies

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
akiraaa

Different publishing results when using a subject scheme map defining condition hierarchies

Post by akiraaa »

Hi,
I'm testing the ditaval and subject scheme configurations, and found that the filtering hierarchy defined by the subject scheme map did not take effect when publishing with the built-in DITA Map transformation scenarios. But if I specify the ditaval in a customized transformation scenario, or specify the Profiling Condition Set in Oxygen, the filtering hierarchy works as expected.

For example, the subject scheme defined that flutter is one level down framework:

Code: Select all

<subjectdef keys="framework">
        <topicmeta>
            <navtitle>Frameworks</navtitle>
        </topicmeta>
            <subjectdef keys="flutter">
            <topicmeta>
                <navtitle>Flutter</navtitle>
            </topicmeta>
        </subjectdef>
    </subjectdef>
So if the ditaval excludes framework, all content marked with flutter should also be excluded. But I only get this result if I specify the ditaval in a customized transformation scenario or the Profiling Condition Set, or the DITA-OT project file. When I publish the DITA map with Oxygen built-in transformation scenarios, the filtering hierarchy seems not picked up.

I've attached the files for testing, could you take a look and see what have gone wrong? I'm using <oXygen/> XML Author 24.0, build 2021121518 on macOS Monterey 12.1.
condition-test.zip
(10.86 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Radu

Re: Different publishing results when using a subject scheme map defining condition hierarchies

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I can reproduce the problem and I added this issue on the DITA OT issues list, we'll see if the DITA OT developers have anything to say about this, you can register to watch the issue if you are interested:
https://github.com/dita-ot/dita-ot/issues/3856

I'm afraid the only workaround for now is to pass the filter file as an argument when publishing instead of referencing it directly in the DITA Map.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
akiraaa

Re: Different publishing results when using a subject scheme map defining condition hierarchies

Post by akiraaa »

Thank you so much. I've subscribed to this issue and hope they can fix this soon.

Another question regarding using the ditaval: when passing the ditaval as an argument for publishing, is it possible to get the filters nested as using ditavalrefs in a map?