Multiple Guides in a Wiki

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
catherine

Multiple Guides in a Wiki

Post by catherine »

Hi, I have a product A wiki. The wiki contains multiple guides: getting started, admin, user, developer.

I wonder if there is a way that I can download PDF file for the multiple guides.
Below are some of my thoughts:

1. When I click and enter admin guide, I would get a PDF download button in the

Code: Select all

wh_search_input 
div, and get a different search engine. The search engine will allow me to search topics only in this admin guide.

2. When I click and enter user guide, I would get a PDF download button in the

Code: Select all

wh_search_input 
div that with different download link. And the search engine will allow me to search topics only in this user guide.

3. ...

I edited the relevant html file, and added pdf button, it will work; But when I generate the webhelp once again by oxygen. All my configurations are gone.

Any way to achieve my thoughts?
Costin

Re: Multiple Guides in a Wiki

Post by Costin »

Hi Catherine,

Indeed, any changes you perform in the HTML files from the WebHelp output are not persistent, as fresh HTML files will be generated the next time you publish WebHelp output.

The recommended way is to perform the modifications as HTML fragments that you should refer in the transformation scenario.
You could even use the newly added publishing templates support to refer the HTML fragments in a template.
More information about this available in this page from the WebHelp User-Guide.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support