SEVERE: SAAJ0532: Absent Content-Type

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
dsmiley

Post by dsmiley »

I've tried to use Oxygen's WSDL tool to invoke a very simple web service. My web service is running on JBoss 3.2.3 with the jboss-net component which provides integration support for Axis. I tried a very simple web service -- the "GetVersion" that comes with Axis. It can be enabled with the following WSDD entry:

Code: Select all

<service name="Version" provider="java:RPC">
<parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getVersion"/>
<parameter name="className" value="org.apache.axis.Version"/>
</service>
So I go ahead and invoke this web service with Oxygen and I get the following output to Oxygen's System.err:

Code: Select all

Jan 4, 2005 8:11:54 AM com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl <init>
com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Absent Content-Type
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl.<init>(MessageImpl.java:121)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl.<init>(Message1_1Impl.java:43)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl.createMessage(SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl.java:32)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.post(HttpSOAPConnection.java:357)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection$PriviledgedPost.run(HttpSOAPConnection.java:151)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:121)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.byte.a(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.if.a(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.new$10.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.do.try$1.run(Unknown Source)
java.security.PrivilegedActionException: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Absent Content-Type
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.call(HttpSOAPConnection.java:121)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.byte.a(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.if.a(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.exml.view.byte.a.new$10.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at ro.sync.ui.do.try$1.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Absent Content-Type
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.MessageImpl.<init>(MessageImpl.java:121)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.Message1_1Impl.<init>(Message1_1Impl.java:43)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl.createMessage(SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl.java:32)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection.post(HttpSOAPConnection.java:357)
at com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnection$PriviledgedPost.run(HttpSOAPConnection.java:151)
... 6 more
When I use the Axis-generated code from the WSDL, I get the proper result, no error. Has anyone seen this before?
~ David Smiley
Registered Oxygen User
Radu

Known problem

Post by Radu »

Hello, we fixed a bug some months ago which adressed the imposibility of communication between our SOAP client and a Tomcat server. The exception you received is most probably due to the fact our http client did not parse correctly the response header sent back by the server.

You can get the new 5.0 updates from:

"http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/eclipse/oxygen.jar" and "http://www.oxygenxml.com/update/standalone/oxygen.jar"

For the standalone version, the downloaded oxygen.jar file should be copied to the "lib" folder of the Oxygen installation folder (replacing the old file).
For the eclipse version, the downloaded oxygen.jar file should be copied to the "com.oxygenxml.editor_5.0.0/lib" folder from the eclipse "plugins" folder (replacing the old file).

Important: Although both jar files (from the links above) are called "oxygen.jar", they are not identical in content and should be copied each to the specific installation folder.

Please tell us if you have any more problems after updating.

Regards, Radu.
dsmiley

Post by dsmiley »

Great, thank you.

I have a curiosity of how this error came to be. If you don't mind, could you indulge a bit more on the root of what the problem was? Did you actually write your own HTTP client or did you leverage existing ones; and if you did write your own they why? It's confusing from the stack trace thanks to the multiple "caused by" and the "... 6 more" what component was responsible.
~ David Smiley
Registered Oxygen User
Radu

Bug

Post by Radu »

Hello, we use the free available apache http client. The problem was that the SOAP client was expecting a content-type parameter from the http server's response, parameter which we were not passing correctly.
So the received exception wasn't very clear as to the cause of the error.

Regards, Radu.