Preview a XSL transformed XML document using Browser view

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
goa103

Preview a XSL transformed XML document using Browser view

Post by goa103 »

Hello,

I'm new to XML and oXygen so I have a serious newbie question :). I searched for the manual and forum and found nothing about the Browser view, but it's there, I was able to show it, with the Results view. What's this Browser meant for ? To view the Results like other web browsers do ? Actually I use Mozilla Firefox to view my XML documents.

My problem is that I'm trying to generate a well-formed XHTML document from a XML document transformed using XSL. I found a post about someone having the same problem, he got the following line in the Results view :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
It's logical because if you don't set the output/@method attribute, you get a XML file. But I can't find a way to generate a XHTML document - without this line, only HTML, XML or text, because of the allowed values (html|xml|text). I can't really use alternatives stylesheets because I want to use my own one, with my own styles. And using the edit scenario dialog it seems I can only choose between specifying a XSL URL (XHTML one) or my own "xml-stylesheet" declaration.

What should I do to get a well-formed XHTML document ?

JM
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

An XHTML document is XML so the xml declaration should be ok to appear there. Anyway if you want to remove it then set the output/@omit-xml-declaration to yes.

Also XSLT 2.0 allows xhtml as value for output/@method and oXygen 5 supports XSLT 2.0.

The browser view is ment for an external browser. You can configure the external browser from Options->Preferences dialog -- Global -- Default Internet browser entry.

Best Regards,
George