Oxygen won't show my directory tree

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
daydin

Oxygen won't show my directory tree

Post by daydin »

Hi all,

I'm a fairly new user of Oxygen, and I've been having some trouble in the past few days. I can't seem to correctly load XPR files, and see the entire project directory as I'd expect. Whenever I try to open a project file in Oxygen (using the "Project > Open Project" menu option, or by dragging the XPR file into Oxygen), the only thing I see are the "Main Files". My directory tree structure won't show, and it used to work just fine until, say, a week ago. I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see in a local project (named "eb11")
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 5.37.54 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 5.37.54 PM.png (73.53 KiB) Viewed 319 times
. As you can see, the eb11 seems empty.

I'm the only user and the only admin on this computer, which is a Mac. (please see the screenshot for details)
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 5.38.56 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 5.38.56 PM.png (112.54 KiB) Viewed 319 times
I thought this might be some sort of permissions issue, but I have rw access to all of the folders.

Any thoughts are welcome.
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Oxygen won't show my directory tree

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hi,

Have you tried opening the sample project from "Oxygen XML Editor\samples\sample.xpr"? If yes, do you experience the same problem?

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
Oxygen XML Editor
daydin

Post by daydin »

Hi, thanks for the quick response. The sample loads correctly. So the issue seems to be anything I'm pulling down from our SVN repositories.
martindholmes

Post by martindholmes »

To add some additional info: this seems to happen for this user in all projects, while the same projects open just fine on other computers. The relevant part of the XPR file looks like this:

Code: Select all

<projectTree name="eb11.xpr">
        <folder masterFiles="true" name="Main Files">
            <file name="xsl/master_build_site.xsl"/>
            <file name="xsl/master_build_sitemap.xsl"/>
            <file name="xsl/master_schematron_validation.xsl"/>
            <file name="xsl/master_spiff_up_documentation.xsl"/>
        </folder>
        <folder path="."/>
    </projectTree>
and the user is correctly opening the XPR file from the project folder, where all the other files are located.
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Not sure what the problem could be, in the Project view there is a "Settings" drop down button with a "Filters..." action. Is it possible that somehow the default filters set there instruct Oxygen to skip over the files? For example maybe you can check the "Show hidden files and directories" checkbox.
Can you also check out the SVN project in another path on your computer and try to load the XPR from there?
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
daydin

Post by daydin »

Bingo. I checked out a project using another path and that works. Looks like my /Documents is borked, and I'm suspecting iCloud sync. Sometimes it messes things up for external version control. Thanks for the tip, I'll dig into this.
daydin

Post by daydin »

Hi! I was able to fix it. The SVN folders under my Documents/ path did not have extended attributes set. There was a blank one named com.apple.macl that had to be set on all of them, and now they all work. This was the magic incantation:

Code: Select all

xattr -w com.apple.macl '' FOLDER_NAME
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,
Thanks for posting the solution, I'm glad this works for you now.
This probably means that the Oxygen application did not have access rights to list the structure of that specific folder.
Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com