"!" in topic title and linktext cannot be recognized

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
galanohan

"!" in topic title and linktext cannot be recognized

Post by galanohan »

Hi,
When building webhelp for topics containing "!" in topic title and xref (for example, [append!](../FunctionsandCommands/FunctionReferences/a/append1.dita) in markdown or <xref href="../a/append1.dita">append!</xref> in dita), I found the oxygen (either v25 or 26) cannot retrieve its navtitle nor linktext, even though I specified the navtitle with locktitle=yes for the topicref for that topic.
image.png
image.png (16.77 KiB) Viewed 591 times
Is there any way to force oxygen to tolerate the "!" in topic title and linktext? I hate such naming but that's exactly certain functions were named...

Thanks!
galanohan

Re: "!" in topic title and linktext cannot be recognized

Post by galanohan »

fixed it by setting a unique id and dita 2.0 file head
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

We tested on our side and cannot reproduce the problem.
If you still want us to analyze this issue, could you send us a small sample at support@oxygenxml.com?

Regards,
Julien
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

Hi Julien,

It's quite weird that if I take a small sample bookmap containing a small sample map that has the two problematic topics as children, it cannot be reproduced, no error no warning, everything looks fine.

But in real bookmap with thousands of files in it, the error occurs even though all the attribute settings are the same at map level and bookmap level.

:(
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi galanohan,

To reproduce this without sharing internal information, perhaps you could try the following:
  1. Extract the files for the problematic bookmap (DITA Maps > Export DITA Map).
  2. In your standalone testcase, use the Delete element refactoring operation to delete all <body> elements. This should delete all content.
  3. Publish the bookmap and verify that the problem still exists.
  4. Reduce the testcase size by removing references from the map that still allow the problem to be reproduced.
  5. Extract a final reduced testcase from this map (DITA Maps > Export DITA Map). It should be much smaller now, due to all the removed references.
For the testcase reduction in step 4, you can use a binary search method. Delete half the references in the DITA Maps Manager and see if the problem stays. If the problem disappears, perform an Undo in the DITA Maps Manager, then delete the other half and see if the problem stays. Keep iterating that process.
galanohan

Post by galanohan »

👍👌Will do!
Thanks!